The Volkswagen Jetta, Golf, GTI: 1993-1999 Cabrio: 1995-2002 Bentley Repair Manual is a comprehensive and up-to-date source of maintenance and repair information for Volkswagen “A3” platform models sold in the USA and Canada.
Models covered in this Volkswagen repair manual:
- Volkswagen Cabrio 1995-2002
- Volkswagen Golf 1993-early 1999
- Volkswagen GTI 1993-early 1999
- Volkswagen Jetta 1993-early 1999
Engines covered in this Volkswagen repair manual:
- 1.8L turbo gasoline (code ACC)
- 1.9L diesel (codes AAZ, 1Z, AHU)
- 2.0L gasoline(code ABA)
- 2.8L gasoline (code AAA)
Transmissions covered in this Volkswagen repair manual (removal, installation and external service):
- 020 and 021 5-speed transmission
- 096 and 01M 4-speed automatic
Service to Volkswagen owners is a top priority of the Volkswagen organization and has always included the continuing development and introduction of new and expanded services. In line with this purpose, Robert Bentley, Inc., in cooperation with Volkswagen of America, Inc., has introduced this Volkswagen Jetta, Golf, GT1, Cabrio Service Manual.
This manual covers Volkswagen Jetta, Golf, GTI, GLX, Cabrio, TDI and special editions for the model years 1993 through early 1999. This manual was created specifically to cover only those models built for sale In the United States and Canada.
Volkswagen and most aftermarket parts suppliers specializing in Volkswagens refer to the Jettas, Golfs, GTIs and Cabrios covered by this manual as the A3 models. The code “A3“ is Volkswagen’s internal code for the basic platform shared by all of the cars covered by this manual. When ordering parts, especially body parts, knowing the A3 code may be helpful.
For the Volkswagen owner with basic mechanical skills and for independent auto’service professionals, this manual Includes the specifications and procedures that were available In an authorized Volkswagen dealer service department as this manual went to press. The Volkswagen owner with no intention of working on his or her car will find that owning and referring to this manual will make it possible to be better informed and to more knowledgeabfy discuss repairs with a professional automotive technician. The aim throughout has been clarity and completeness, with step-by-step procedures and aocurate specifications.
The Volkswagen owner intending to do maintenance and repair should have screwdrivers, a set of metric wrenches and sockets, and metric hex wrenches, since these basic hand tools are needed for most of the work described in this manual. Most procedures will also require a torque wrench to ensure that fasteners are tightened properly and in accordance with specifications. In some cases, the text refers to special tools that are recommended or required to accomplish adjustments or repairs. These tools are identified by their Volkswagen special tool number and illustrated. A thorough pre-reading of each procedure Is recommended to determine in advance the need for particular tools and for essential replacement parts such as gaskets.
- Covers Volkswagen A3 models with “1H” or “1E” at position number 7 and 8 of 17-digit Vehicle ID Number (VIN).
- Includes GolfIII and JettaIII, Cl, GL, LE, GLS, GLX, GTI, City, Wolfsburg, Trek, K2 and Cabrio Highline editions.
- Tune-up and maintenance procedures, including resetting the Service Reminder Indicator (SRI).
- Engine and cylinder head service and reconditioning, including timing belt (4-cylinder) and timing chain (6-cylinder) repair.
- Explanation of Bosch Motronic, Mono-Motronic, Diesel Fuel Injection and Turbo Direct Injection (TDI) systems.
- Emission control tests, repairs, and adjustments, including Exhaust Gas Recirculation (EGR) and Secondary Air Injection system.
- Drivetrain maintenance, troubleshooting, adjustment and repair, including hydraulic clutch, gearshift linkage, and axles.
- Suspension component replacement, including front struts, rear shocks, rear coil springs, and wheel bearing/hub units.
- Disk/drum brake repair and troubleshooting, including anti-lock brakes (ABS) and traction control (EDL).
- Heating and air conditioning repair, including A/C blower motor replacement and specifications for R134a refrigerant.
- Body adjustment and repairs, including sunroof adjustments and manual/power Cabrio top.
- Wiring schematics, including fuse/relay locations and a general explanation of electrical circuitry.
- Volkswagen OBD II diagnostic trouble codes, SAE-defined OBD II P-codes, as well as control module coding.
Size: 32.6 Mb
Free download Volkswagen Bentley Repair Manual Jetta, Golf, GTI 1993-1999 PDF