Here, in this new Haynes Manual, is a unique perspective on what it takes to own, restore and maintain a GT40, as well as an insight into the engineering and construction of this legendary racing car. The Ford GT40 is one of the most famous of all sports racing cars. Built by Ford to challenge the supremacy of Ferrari at Le Mans, the GT40 first raced in 1964, and went on to win Le Mans four times in a row, from 1966 to 1969.
- The GT40 story: prototypes, production cars, MkII, J cars (and MkIV), MkIII, Mirages.
- Anatomy of the GT40: aerodynamics, chassis, engine, transmission, suspension, steering, brakes, wheels and tyres, electrics.
- Restore for track and road use: restoration projects; obtaining spare parts; the limits to authenticity; the GT40 industry.
- The owner’s view: buying a GT40; the question of provenance; paperwork; values and insurance.
- The driver’s view: a GT40 on the road; racing in period; racing now.
- The engineer’s view: maintenance and repairs; setting up a GT40 for racing.
Haynes offers the best coverage for cars, trucks, vans, SUVs and motorcycles on the market today. Each manual contains easy to follow step-by-step instructions linked to hundreds of photographs and illustrations. Included in every manual: troubleshooting section to help identify specific problems; tips that give valuable short cuts to make the job easier and eliminate the need for special tools; notes, cautions and warnings for the home mechanic; color spark plug diagnosis and an easy to use index.
Size: 151 Mb
Free download Ford GT40 1964 Onward (All Marks) Workshop Manual PDF