Datsun 510 and Pick-up 1968-72 Service Handbook PDF Free Download
This manual provides maintenance information on the Datsun 510-Series and 521-Series of vehicles The 510-Series includes the two door sedan, four door sedan, and station wagon. The 521 -Senes is the pick-up truck. Coverage is from 1968 through 1972 models.
All models use the L16 engine, a 96-horsepower, four-cylinder, overhead camshaft design. The 510 has a fully synchronized four-speed manual or three-speed automatic transmission. The 521 has a four-speed manual transmission only In 1972, horsepower rating was lowered to 92 horsepower due to changes in emission control device requirements Figure 1 is an overall view of the four door sedan, Figure 2 shows the station wagon, and Figure 3 illustrates the pick-up truck
Over the years, the 510 and 521 series have remained essentially the same, with the exception of changes to the emission control systems and overall body styling In this manual, every effort has been made to pinpoint significant differences between model years.
The use of special tools and test equipment has been avoided wherever possible. When necessary, special tools and test equipment are illustrated, either in actual use or alone. A well equipped mechanic may find he can substitute similar tools or make his own to fulfill a requirement.
Recommendations are occasionally made to refer service or maintenance to a Datsun dealer or a specialist in a specified field In these cases, work will probably be done more quickly and economically than if the mechanic performs them himself.
- CHAPTER ONE – GENERAL INFORMATION
- CHAPTER TWO – PERIODIC MAINTENANCE
- CHAPTER THREE – TROUBLESHOOTING
- CHAPTER FOUR – ENGINE AND IGNITION TUNE-UP
- CHAPTER FIVE – ENGINE LUBRICATION SYSTEM
- CHAPTER SIX – ENGINE
- CHAPTER SEVEN – FUEL SYSTEM
- CHAPTER EIGHT – COOLING SYSTEM
- CHAPTER NINE – ENGINE ELECTRICAL SYSTEM
- CHAPTER TEN – EMISSION CONTROL SYSTEM
- CHAPTER ELEVEN – CLUTCH, TRANSMISSION, AND DRIVESHAFT
- CHARTER TWELVE – DIFFERENTIAL, REAR AXLE, AND REAR SUSPENSION
- CHAPTER THIRTEEN – FRONT AXLE, FRONT SUSPENSION, AND STEERING
- CHAPTER FOURTEEN – BRAKES
- CHAPTER FIFTEEN – BODY ELECTRICAL SYSTEM
- CHAPTER SIXTEEN – BODY
Size: 8.55 Mb
Free download Datsun 510 and Pick-up 1968-72 Service Handbook PDF