1995-1998 Porsche 911 Carrera Type 993 Service Repair Manual PDF Free Download
The Porsche 911 Carrera (Type 993) Service Manual: 1995-1998 is a comprehensive source of service information and specifications for Porsche 911 (Type 993) Coupe, Cabriolet and Targa models from 1995 to 1998. The aim throughout this manual has been simplicity and clarity, with practical explanations, step-by-step procedures and useful specifications. Whether you’re a professional technician or a do-it-yourself Porsche owner, this manual will help you understand, care for and repair your Porsche.
Although the do-it-yourself Porsche owner will find this manual indispensable as a source of detailed maintenance and repair information, the Porsche owner who has no intention of working on his or her car will find that reading and owning this manual makes it possible to discuss repairs more intelligently with a professional technician.
Structure of the Repair Manual
This Repair Manual describes all the important operations that require special instructions to ensure proper completion. This manual is an essential source of information for the shop foreman and the shop mechanics as the information in this manual must be observed at all times to keep the vehicle in safe and roadworthy condition. The basic safety rules of course also apply without exception to all repairs on motor vehicles.
- 1995-1998 911 Carrera, Carrera S, Carrera 4, Carrera 4S
- 1995: 3.6 liter (M64.07 and M64.08)
- 1996-1998: 3.6 liter (OBD II M64.23 and M64.24)
- G50 (6-speed manual, RWD)
- G64 (6-speed manual, AWD)
- A50 (4-speed automatic)
- Full-color repair manual pages (black and white electrical section).
- In-depth maintenance instructions for everything from changing the engine oil (and both oil filters) and Tiptronic transmission fluid to replacing the cabin microfilter. This manual tells you how and when to do it.
- Type 993 enthusiast guide with year-to-year model specifics, and a comprehensive listing of Porsche option codes.
- Step-by-step engine / transmission assembly removal and installation.
- Illustrated engine teardown and rebuild, with camshaft and timing chain replacement, detailing wear limits and nominal values.
- Fuel injection and ignition system service and component testing of different Bosch DME engine management systems, including the secondary air injection (SAI) system.
- Clutch, flywheel and rear main seal service.
- Front and rear drivetrain service, including front (C4) and rear differential service.
- Brakes, steering, suspension and ABS maintenance, troubleshooting and repair for both vacuum boost (C2) and hydraulic-boost (C4) brake systems.
- Heating and air-conditioning repair, including A/C component replacement.
- Body adjustments and repairs, including convertible top, sunroof and targa top service and adjustment.
- Electrical system service, with an easy-to-use illustrated component location section.
- Wiring schematics for selected models, with DME systems, power distribution, grounds, convertible top and other hard-to-find circuits.
Size: 330.8 Mb
Free download 1995-1998 Porsche 911 Carrera Type 993 Service Repair Manual PDF