07/1994 MAZDA B6-DOHC BP-DOHC ENGINE WORKSHOP MANUAL PDF. This manual explains the disassembly, inspection, repair, and reassembly procedures for the above-indicated engine. In order to do these procedures safely, quickly, and correctly, you must first read this manual and any other relevant service materials carefully.
The information in this manual is current up to June, 1994. Any changes that occur after that time will not be reflected in this particular manual. Therefore, the contents of this manual may not exactly match the mechanism that you are currently servicing.
1.6 L (1,597 cc) B6 (78.0×83.6 mm) This was a bored-out version of the B3. The 8-valve SOHC B6 was found in the 1985-1989 and 1990-1994 Mazda 323, the 1987-1990 Mercury Tracer, the 1992 Mazda MX-3, and the 1985-1990 Ford Laser.
In Japan, the United Kingdom, and Australia a fuel-injected version called the B6F was available. Kia’s version of the B6 had a marginally shorter stroke (at 83.4 mm), for a total displacement of 1,594 cc. This engine was used in the Rio, Sephia II, and Shuma.
The 1.8 L (1,839 cc) BP is a dual-overhead variant of the B8. It was first found in the 1989 Mazda Familia and American-market 1990 Mazda Protege LX. This engine was dubbed BP-ZE and featured a forged crankshaft, piston oil squirters, a structural aluminum oil pan with cooling fins, a 7,000 rpm redline, and the Variable Inertia Charging System (VICS). This particular variant can be found in the following vehicles:
- 1989-1994 Mazda Familia GT (European & Australian Market)
- 1989-1994 Ford Laser TX3 (Australian Market)
- 1990-1994 Mazda Protege LX (with VICS)
- 1995-1998 Mazda Protege ES (Australian Market: 1994-1998 323 Protege SE)
- 1990-1991 Mazda Infini and 1993 Mazda Protege GT (Canadian Market)
- 1990-1993 Mazda 323 (European Market)
- 1991-1996 Ford Escort GT and LX-E
- 1991-1996 Mercury Tracer LTS
- 1995-1997 Kia Sephia RS, LS, GS
- 1994-1998 Mazda Familia (Japanese Market)
- 1994-1997 Mazda MX-5/Miata (did not have VICS until 1999)
There is also a non-performance SOHC version that is most easily recognized by its black stamped-steel oil pan. It also features a cast crankshaft, no oil squirters, a plastic oil pickup tube and less aggressive camshafts. It is found in the 1995-1998 Mazda Protege ES.
- 1994 Mazda Motor Corporation
- PRINTED IN JAPAN, July ’94 (g)
- Form No. 1425-10-94G
- Part No. 9999-95-EWBP-95
Size: 4.26 Mb
Free download 07/1994 MAZDA B6-DOHC BP-DOHC ENGINE WORKSHOP MANUAL PDF